Invisalign is a clear choice to achieve your beautifully, balanced smile nearly invisibly
Research from the Australian Society of Orthodontics suggests over half of Australians feel self-conscious about their smiles and over two thirds consider orthodontic intervention to improve the aesthetics of their smiles.
There are various reasons why adults would want to improve the aesthetics and functionality of their smile, which can include:
- Crowded, crooked or misplaced teeth
- Excessive spacing
- Realignment before placing dental implants
- Jaw or facial asymmetry
With over half of Australians feeling self-conscious about their teeth there’s no surprise the dental industry is coming up with more discreet and easy ways to straighten teeth; that’s where Invisalign comes in.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign treatment is an advanced orthodontic treatment that uses a series of clear aligners to balance out and straighten your smile. Being slimmer and more discreet than previous versions, the Invisalign aligners are so well moulded to your own teeth since they are practically invisible.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign works by gradually moving your teeth into the desired positions with custom-made, plastic aligners. They are replaced approximately every two weeks until the desired position is reached.
The removable aligners are created using state-of-the-art 3D scanning technology and are moulded to your teeth at each step for the entire course of your treatment.
One of the best advantages of Invisalign is the 3D technology can also show you the dramatic way your teeth will move throughout the course of your treatment. This lets you see the final result before you commence treatment.
Treatments from Dr Spink at Anthony Spink Dental Suite can last anywhere from 12 to 24 months.
Who can receive Invisalign treatment?
Many patients think Invisalign only works for small teeth straightening issues. This is not the case as Invisalign can also be used to treat a range of moderate to severe teeth straightening issues including:
- Overcrowded teeth – This occurs when there is a lack of room in your jaw for all your teeth to fit normally
- Widely spaced teeth – The opposite of overcrowded teeth, widely spaced teeth happen when you have extra space in your jaw due to small teeth, abnormal growth of the jawbones, genetics, missing teeth, or tongue protrusion
- Crossbite – This occurs when the upper and lower jaws are misaligned
- Overbite – This happens when the upper teeth bite over the lower teeth
- Underbite – The opposite of an overbite, an underbite occurs when the lower teeth protrude past the upper front teeth
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Almost invisible. The clear aligners are virtually unnoticeable to those around you, so you can be undergoing orthodontic treatment without anyone knowing.
- The aligners are removable so you can take them out to eat without worrying about getting any food stuck in your braces or changing your diet. You can also brush and floss like normal so you won’t have to sacrifice your evening routine.
- Your clear aligners are moulded to fit perfectly over your teeth every two weeks. This means no harsh metal brackets or wires digging in.
Invisalign treatment from Anthony Spink Dental Suites
Dr Spink has seen a trend in the last few years of adults seeking orthodontic treatment and he works with his team at Anthony Spink Dental Suite to deliver superior service and treatment.
If you would like to know more about Invisalign or request an appointment contact Anthony Spink Dental Suite in Brighton today.