If your dreaming of a straighter smile but don’t want to go through traditional orthodontic treatment, Invisalign may be the option for you.
As Invisalign is virtually invisible it’s often the first choice of treatment with teens, adults and professionals wanting a discreet option to straighten their teeth. The Invisalign treatment includes a series of custom-made clear aligners made for you and your unique smile. These are clear plastic trays which apply gentle pressure to slowly move your teeth.
Throughout your treatment, you will wear each set of aligners for about two weeks before you switch to the next set. This process will gradually shift your teeth a little closer each time to the position that your dentist at Anthony Spink Dental Suite has planned, meaning your compliance is imperative.
How Invisalign works
Step 1. Your Invisalign-trained dentist will take photos, X-rays, and digital scans or a digital impression to help create your new treatment plan.
Step 2. A laboratory will create a personalised 3D treatment plan and you will be able to see the final position expected of your teeth alignment and estimate the expected length of your treatment.
Step 3. You will receive your first series of aligners (typically 3-4 sets at a time) and you will wear these every day and change them at home every two weeks.
Step 4. A dentist visit is required every 6-8 weeks or so and at these visits, your treatment progress will be monitored, and you will receive your next series of aligners.
Step 5. After you have completed your Invisalign treatment, you will wear a retainer to assist in maintaining the position of your new alignment.
Who can wear Invisalign?
Every patient’s dental and oral health differs and a consultation at Anthony Spink Dental Suite is the best way to find out if you qualify for Invisalign.
To achieve the best results, the perfect candidates for Invisalign treatment are patients with:
- Overcrowded teeth. This occurs when there is a lack of room within your jaw for all of your teeth to fit normally
- Overbite. This happens when the upper teeth bite over the lower teeth.
- Underbite. The opposite of overbite, underbite occurs when the lower teeth protrude past the upper front teeth.
- Widely spaced teeth. The opposite of overcrowded teeth, widely spaced teeth occur when you have extra space within your jaw due to small-sized teeth, abnormal growth of the jawbones, genetics, missing teeth, and/or tongue protrusion.
- Crossbite. This occurs when the upper and lower jaws are misaligned.
It is never too late to straighten your smile at Anthony Spink Dental Suite
At Anthony Spink Dental Suite, we provide a comprehensive range of orthodontic treatments intended to improve the appearance of your smile. By using high-quality, advanced treatments combined with superior levels of care, we can ensure your treatment is conducted to the highest degree. We aim to have Invisalign create the smile you deserve.