- A permanent solution to missing teeth
- Protect your surrounding teeth and prevent bone loss
- Dental implants are stable, reliable and functional
- They offer improved comfort and speech
- Reinstate a complete and beautiful smile
While treatments like dental bridges and dentures are effective substitutes for replacing teeth, they are not as comprehensive as dental implants. Dental implants don’t only replace the dental crown but also the tooth root, meaning that you will have a complete tooth replacement.
Dental implants help provide increased stability within the mouth, aid with biting pressure as well as reduce irritation and improve speech. This is because dental implants are small titanium rods that are inserted into the site of your tooth loss – solving it at the very root.
These rods are left for a period of around 3-6 months (usually longer if a bone graft is required) to heal and fuse with the underlying jawbone, a process called osseointegration. By providing our dental implant treatment, we can solve many forms of tooth loss including:
- Singular tooth loss – this is where only one dental implant is necessary and we will simply create a crown with our ‘Same Day Crown’ E4D Machine technology for a fast and high-quality prosthetic.
- Multiple tooth loss – the dental implant treatment recommended for this kind of tooth loss will depend greatly on the complexity of your case as well as your own preferences. We can use dental implant bridges or implant supported partial dentures to solve multiple tooth loss.
- Total tooth loss – this kind of tooth loss would require full arch restorations, where several (usually 4-6) implants are inserted into the dental arch, and a full denture is fixed to the implants for a complete smile restoration.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
There are many reasons why dental implants have become the go-to procedure for missing teeth, as they:
- Are biocompatible with your jawbone material, making them more likely to be accepted by the body
- Provide full function and feel of a natural tooth
- Provide normal stimulation to the jawbone to prevent resorption/bone loss
- Provide structural support to the remaining teeth to prevent them from shifting
- Are designed to be permanent – your implant should last a lifetime
- Allow you to eat and speak as you normally would
- Eliminate the need for wobbly or loose dentures
Dental implants also offer convenience. There is no need to remove them for cleaning or to apply adhesives as in the case of dentures. They are just like your natural teeth and you simply go about your regular maintenance routine without the embarrassment or inconvenience.
If you are suffering from tooth loss, our dentists are able and committed to help you with the dental implant procedure.
If you would like further information on Dental Implants download our free E-Book today.
For more information on dental implants, or to schedule an appointment contact our friendly team today.